CRZ – Z Purlin Anchor
An exclusive Super Anchor Safety design for installing onto the common Z-Purlins used in the steel building and commercial building structures. The bolt through attachment provides a very strong connection point allowing the CRZ to be used for single person PPE, Horizontal Lifeline System (HLL) and Window Washing suspension. The engineered loop top design is extremely strong and accepts all industry standard snaphooks and carabiners. The anchor comes with a pre-drilled wood blocking and will fit all standard size Z-Purlins with a maximum top flange width of 3-3/4” and a minimum purlin web depth of 6.0”. The CRZ anchors come in 5 different configurations:
- 6” Riser Height with Cast Loop Top Parallel with the Z-Purlin
- 6” Riser Height with Pass-Thru Loop Top parallel with the Z-Purlin
- 6” Riser Height with Cast Loop Top Perpendicular to the Z-Purlin
- 6” Riser height with Pass-Thru Loop Top Perpendicular to the Z-Purlin
- Custom Size CRZ with your choice of Loop Top, Riser Height and Saddle Width
CRZ’s are offered as stand-alone anchors or as a complete kit with a 35-year rated EPDM flashing base. Complete kits come with the anchor, flashing, bolt kit, wood blocking, pipe clamp and screws.
The CRZ Roof Anchors with pass-thru tops allow the user to slide through the top of the anchor while remaining connected to the 3/8” horizontal cable lifeline. This feature provides a 100% tie-off along the entire length of the HLL system. Pass-Thru tops are oriented for the direction of the HLL using models AP or BP (below) and require the CRZ A or B models to be used as the HLL End Anchors. NOTE: Pass-Thru tops are not specified for personal fall protection anchors. They can only be used in conjunction with a cable HLL.
- CRZ End-Anchor available in Hot Dip Galvanized, 304 SST or 316 SST
- CRZ Pass-Thru Anchors available in Hot Dip Galvanized, 304 SST or 316 SST
- Rated for Fall Arrest or use in a HLL System up to 120’
- 35-year EPDM Flashing for Metal Roofs Available
- 3.0” Riser Heights with 0.203” Wall Thickness
- Includes all Mounting Hardware
- 5,000 Pound Minimum Strength
- Complies with OSHA 1926:502 and ANSI-Z359.1-07
- Meets ICWA 1-14.1 Window Washing Standards
- 2,500 Maximum Proof Loading
Window Washing Suspension: Roof and Wall Safety/Tie-Back Anchors for window washing suspension require special consideration. North America safety standards require a building to have certified anchorages capable of supporting the necessary loads before any worker suspends from the anchor. Our anchors can help you provide compliance with OSHA, ANSI and IWCA I-14.1 standards for window cleaning or any other job requiring suspension over the edge of the building.
Fall protection anchors and window washing anchors for rope descent systems have different criteria regarding their certification and design loading. Following is an overview of the differences:
- Fall Protection Anchors:
- “Anchorages used for attachment of personal fall arrest equipment shall be…capable of supporting at least 5,000 pounds per employee attached, or shall be designed, installed and used as follows: (i) as part of a complete personal fall arrest system which maintains a safety factor of at least two: and (ii) under the supervision of a qualified person” – OSHA 1926.502(d)(15)
- Window Washing Anchors:
- “Anchorages shall be capable of sustaining a 5,000-pound minimum load or a minimum 4-to-1 factor of safety, whichever is greater, in any direction the load is applied” – IWCA I-14.1 (9.1.1)
- “For post-installation testing…an anchorage with an ultimate capacity of 5,000 pounds shall be tested at 2,500 pounds” – IWCA I-14.1 (8.1.3(b))
- “Certification and re-certification of anchorages shall be under the supervision of a registered professional engineer” – IWCA I-14.1 (9.1.10)
Regulatory Requirements set forth for Window Washing anchors:
- Working Load of Anchorage: 1,250 pounds IWCA I-14.1 (8.1.3(b) and (9.1.1)
- Allowable Proof Load of Anchors: 2,500 pounds IWCA I-14.1 (8.1.3(b) and (9.1.1)
- Ultimate Load with Certification: 5,000 pounds IWCA I-14.1 (9.1.1)
- Inspection by Authorized Person: Before each use
- Inspection by Competent Person: Before each use
- Inspection by Qualified person: Annually
NOTE: The State of California has unique requirements for window washing anchors. Please see out “Cal-OSHA” Series of CRA’s.
Window Washing suspension requires 2 anchors for the worker to tie off to – one anchor supports the workers equipment and one anchor is used for the safety lifeline or fall arrest equipment. Our pre-engineered anchors give you the compliance that you need at an affordable cost and can be mounted to roof decking, concrete curbs/beams/walls, steel beams as well as other structures capable of supporting the intended loads. The CRA’s for window washing are designed for a 5,000-pound ultimate load, a 2,500-pound test load and a 1,250-pound allowable load. Parapet walls must be capable of supporting the intended loads, too. Super Anchor Safety can help with the proper placement and layout of the anchors to ensure proper coverage for window washing suspension.