Cal-OSHA Anchor Weld On Riser
- CRA Series with Base Plate and Risers
- CRA Weld-On Risers for Field Welding
- D-Plate Anchor with Cast Loop Top
- CRA Vault Anchor for Sub-Level and Wall Install Applications
- CRA Cast Loop Top Weld-On Series
- CRA Bolt-On Cast Loop Top Anchors
This page covers the CRA Cal-OSHA Weld-On Risers. We utilized our pre-engineered calculations and testing to determine the specifications needed to manufacture and offer a Cal-OSHA compliant 4.5” outside diameter, weld-on riser. There are 24 standard sizes and custom options to meet your needs. All risers are backed by 3rd party engineering calculations. Every Cal-OSHA anchor order is custom and manufactured to your exact needs. Please see the “Project Engineering” tab for more detailed information on all custom, project specific anchors made by Super Anchor Safety. More information on the Cal-OSHA Tie-Backs:
The State of California has special requirements for anchors on buildings over 36’ tall or 3 stories. As per Cal-OSHA Title 8, Article 5, Section 3291 titled: “Special Design Considerations – Permanent Rooftop Installations”. https://www.dir.ca.gov/title8/3291.html
(f) Roof Tie-Backs.
- Every building constructed 3 stories or 36 feet or more in height, shall have roof tie-backs or other permanent devices installed at the roof level for the purpose of securing or tying back suspended scaffold hooks or clamps and safety lines.
- Roof tie-backs are not required on buildings employing other acceptable means of permanently installed roof top maintenance systems specified in this Article or Article 6 (Powered Platforms and Equipment for Building Maintenance). Web link is here: https://www.dir.ca.gov/title8/3295.html.
- Roof tie-backs are not required on buildings constructed up to 4 stories or 48 feet in height when building maintenance can be accomplished using extension tools, ladders, approved ground equipment such as scaffolds, or aerial devices designed and used for positioning personnel.
- Such devices should be spaced at approximately 12-foot intervals; however, the spacing shall depend primarily on the availability of roof structural framing members of sufficient strength to safely carry applied loads. Tie-backs may be installed in structural parapets that are of adequate strength to sustain applied loads, but placement shall be as close to the roof level as practicable. Design criteria for tie-backs shall be as follows:
- Roof tie-backs shall have at least a 2-inch inside diameter closed “eye.”
- Tie-back assembly shall be hot-dip galvanized or afforded equivalent corrosion resistance.
- Assembly and anchorage provisions adequate to sustain a 5000 pound load applied in any direction without permanent deformation.
- Suspended scaffolds shall not be permitted unless roof tie-backs or equivalent anchorages are provided.
In review, here are the highlights to keep in mind when working in the Cal-OSHA anchor scenarios:
- Buildings 36’+ or 3+ stories tall: Required to have roof tie-backs unless you can achieve window washing and unscheduled maintenance from ground-based equipment.
- Buildings 48’+ or 4+ stories tall: Must provide anchors regardless of whether or not ground based equipment can be used. At a minimum they must be installed every 12’ on center around the entire building for unscheduled maintenance, and if utilized for window washing suspension, must be specifically designed to accommodate the particular window washing activities.
These standards are stricter than the standard window washing regulations set forth by OSHA, ANSI and IWCA in the 49 other states. Zero deformation at a 5,000-pound load requires special consideration in the engineering, design and manufacturing of the anchor. The supporting structure needs additional attention in order to sustain these loads as well. Super Anchor Safety has a full plethora of engineering documents that allows us to manufacture Cal-OSHA compliant CRA anchors in heights up to 36” tall. The extensive 3rd party, pre-engineered anchors follow very strict designs to make sure that you are provided finished products that comply with the strict Cal-OSHA standards. These anchors can be installed on wood decking, wood beams, metal decking, steel structure and concrete structures.
- Cal-OSHA Anchors are domestically made in USA
- Anchors are guaranteed for 5,000 pounds with zero deformation in any direction
- Extensive 3rd party Engineering, Calculations and Testing
- 2.0” Cast Loop Top rated for over 10,000 pounds
- 5,000 Pound zero deformation in any direction guaranteed
- Riser Heights from 8” up to 36”
- Attaches to Wood, Concrete, Steel and Metal Decking
- Made from A-36 Steel HDG, 304 SST or 316 SST
Call or email us for more information or to get your quote for your project.
Super Anchor offers 2 types of engineering services for our CRA anchors:
- Project Specific Comprehensive Engineering Package. A full custom engineered package stamped by a P.E. for your project
- Design Analysis of Project utilizing Existing SAS Engineering Documents. A structural design analysis for your project based on information previously provided to DHG by SAS as a basis for design
Project Specific Comprehensive Engineering Package:
There are instances when the pre-engineered Commercial Roof Anchors are not quite enough for the project, specification, architect, owner or engineer. That is why Super Anchor Safety works closely with the engineering firm DH Glabe & Associates to provide fall protection engineering, design and inspection services for our CRA Fall Protection Anchors. DH Glabe & Associates are a premier fall protection consulting engineering firm that provides comprehensive fall protection designs that can be customized to fit your specific project needs. All applicable standards including OSHA, Cal-OSHA, ANSI, IWCA, ASME and ASSE referenced to provide practical and safe solutions for your project’s individual needs. DH Glabes engineering expertise coupled with our diverse line of CRA anchorage devices gives you a complete fall protection package.
Additionally, as a Qualified Designer and Professional Engineering Firm, DH Glabe & Associates utilizes structural analysis capabilities to provide fall protection designs that are safe, compliant, and cost effective. Fall Protection testing and certification of the fall protection anchors for industrial and building façade access is also available. DH Glabe can offer State Specific P.E. stamped drawings for all 50 states and Canadian Provinces.
Services & Options:
- Fall Protection Anchor System design to suit your project
- Your choice of the fall arrest system to suit your needs:
- Perimeter CRA and cable system
- Centerline CRA and cable system
- Stand-alone CRA Anchors for individual tie off (100% roof coverage)
- Window Washing System to comply with OSHA, IWCA and ANSI Standards
- Window Washing System to comply with Cal-OSHA Window Washing Anchor Regulations
- Design of anchor components to provide adequate attachment to your building
- Advanced Drawings – Client will be provided an advanced drawing set with selected anchors by SAS. Drawings will include a plan view of roof with typical details
- Construction Documents – client will be provided with finalized roof fall protection plans that can be provided to equipment providers/construction companies for installation. Submittal will include a calculation package from DHG
- Design includes structural design of connection to roof system along with reactions for submittal to project EOR
- Ensure all anchor components conform to proper engineering principle
- System(s) designed by Professional Engineers qualified in the design of fall protection equipment
- Work with the client to layout anchor locations to work with structural beam/column locations
- Shop drawings and engineering Certifications for project
- Shop drawings to include installation and rigging instructions for all protection
- Shop drawings reviewed by professional engineer registered in the state of your choice
- Stamped drawings complete with supporting calculations and test reports
- Custom CAD drawings of